Burn Permit / By-law


In all cases of emergency (Fire, Ambulance, Police) dial 911

Our Township has a Burning By-Law in effect. You are allowed to have a small, confined fire for cooking or warmth but for any other type of burning, a permit is required. Permits are required between April 1st and October 31st and there is no charge for a permit. 
Fire danger rating boards are located throughout the Township that indicate the current fire rating. They will also indicate if there is a complete fire ban.
How to get a burn or fireworks permit
Burn permits and fireworks permits can be obtained at the Municipal Office, Georgian Bay Public Library (all branches), the Fire Hall in Port Severn, or by printing the application, and returning it via fax or e-mail using the contact information below:
Shelly Woll
Phone: 1-800-567-0187 x 249 
Fax: (705) 538-1328